While it is important to follow the medication plan decided upon by you and your provider, there are additional, natural options for COPD relief.
Herbs can supply nutrients, energize or relax, depending on the herb, and enhance overall health. Try drinking these in the form of hot tea to aid in breaking up mucus. As always, you should consult your provider before trying any of the options listed below.
- Fight off bacterial infections with oregano, sage, and rosemary, all of which prevent the growth of microorganisms.
- Reduce airway inflammation with chamomile and licorice root.
- Ginger can help clear airways, improve circulation, and invigorate.
- Linden tea soothes and promotes sleep.
Supplements can help with your overall wellness. Try the supplements listed below for help relieving COPD symptoms.
- Grape seed extract is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight infection and restore lung health.
- Prevent infections, help absorb and use nutrients in your diet, and reduce inflammation with pancreatin or proteolytic enzymes.
- Garlic clears lungs and fights infection.
- Essential fatty acids reduce inflammation and promote comfort.
- Help improve oxygenation of your tissues with coenzyme Q10.
Source: newlifeoutlook.com, Accessed: 1/10/17