Have you recently received a prescription from your doctor for oxygen therapy? Below are some questions you’ll be sure you want to write down and ask when you go to your home oxygen provider for your oxygen equipment1:
1. What are the different types of oxygen equipment that I can use?
2. What are the advantages to each type of equipment?
3. How do I set up my oxygen equipment?
4. How do I clean my oxygen equipment?
5. How do I check the flow rate?
6. Where should I check for problems?
7. How long will my portable oxygen supply last? (If prescribed a portable oxygen concentrator.)
8. If I’m traveling, are there oxygen suppliers who can assist me in route and at my final destination?
Sources:1. Visiting Nurse Service of New York. Pages 36–37. Accessed 11/4/14.